September 4, 2012

Damned Pets

We just got back from our visit to Utah. We went home for Daphne's doctor appointment and were able to stay 5 days. It felt so good to be home and I hate the letdown of having to come back to Alaska. I love my family & friends so much. I can't believe how big my neices and nephews are getting how much they've changed in just a few months. I can't wait until the day that we will be back in Utah for good and can see our loved ones as much as we want.

Meanwhile, back in Alaska, we had an incident. The dog got to the cat and attacked her :( Merrill took her to the vet and they said she has abdominal bruising, fractured tail and air pockets under her skin from the biting. Our poor baby. Those things are all able to fix themselves but for some reason, she refuses to eat. It has been 5 days and all she does is just lay in the same spot. To get her treated further and see if there were other injuries would cost up to $1500 and we just don't have it. The vet gave us pain meds for her and I have been watering down chicken baby food and forcing her to eat  it via syringe. Right now we are just waiting.

If you can't tell yet, this is the "poor me" blog post. I have more venting to do yet. My little Isaac has been taking our return to Alaska very hard. He misses his Dad so much. I wish there were a way to have it all. I don't want to deprive him of his family. It's so complicated. I know that we are giving him a good life and that he can look back and be proud of all he has experienced but as for today, he's hurting and I wish I could make it all better.

Fortunately, we are grateful to have what we do here. Isaac has made some great friends and has gotten right back into his routine of going out to play and having fun. I am especially thatnkful for the Hubby. I know that all of this is hard on him too. He keeps me grounded and sane. That's it for now...Toodles

0 comments:

Post a Comment