January 6, 2012

Oh yes, I went there. A blog about my church

I just got back from the Friday night service and am overwhelmed with gratitude that I have my church. I am learning so much about who God is. I just feel like I'm in the right place and I genuinely look forward to it every week. The first time I went it was unlike any church I had been to before. Everyone was dressed casually and there were all sorts of different kinds of people there. Not only that but *gasp* they served coffee! What had I gotten myself into? I sat in the very back and waited for it to begin. The lights were low and there was a band that began playing worship music. These weren't solemn hymns. This was uplifting, beautiful and heartfelt. I remember that I just sat there and cried. I couldn't stop the tears.

Since then, I have learned that life is messy and people are messy and God knows that. If we wait until we have it all together before we come to him, we will be waiting a very long time. I've learned that he isn't pointing his finger at me and my sin, he is waiting for me to ask him for help. There isn't a list of requirements that are going to get me into heaven, it's about having a relationship with God and the rest will come with his help. I've learned that no matter what I do in this life, I can never earn his grace. His grace is a gift. I have come to be more grateful in all that I have in my life. I am so thankful for a loving God.

Today I still prefer to sit in the back but I usually can't get out of there without getting a hug from someone. The sincerity and love of the people at The Genesis Project has gotten me through many hard days. It seems like whenever I am feeling especially low the message or music that day is exactly what I needed to hear. God is ever present in this amazing church. Again, so grateful!


The Genesis Project

Thanks for indulging me luvies!
XOXOXO
Kinetic Wife

0 comments:

Post a Comment